Broker Assistant (Full-Time or Part-Time)
Location: Sioux Falls, SD
Security Savings Bank is looking for a Full-time or Part-time Broker Assistant at our Sioux Falls, SD location. This position will handle routine client inquiries so that our advisors can spend more time providing investment advice to our clients. Effectively providing support to our busy Wealth Management team will require someone who is able to handle a steady stream of telephone inquiries, will be able to quickly resolve problems, and will be able to easily jump from one task to the other, all while staying organized and focused. This position will have a large influence on our customer’s satisfaction. Some of the essential functions and responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Performs duties related to the purchase, sale or holding of securities, to include writing orders for stock purchases or sales, computing transfer taxes, verifying stock transactions, accepting and delivering securities, tracking stock price fluctuations, computing equity, distributing dividends, and keeping records of daily transactions and holdings
- Solves operational problems such as issues with statements, deposits, checks, and credit card transactions
- Troubleshoots for clients
- Handles basic correspondence, such as obtaining client signatures
- Maintains client accounts to include updating databases and/or physical files
- Prepares and proofreads documents to include, but are not limited to, quotes, reports, proposals and submissions
- Assists brokers with market research
- Updates social media accounts and websites
- Provides basic office administration to include scheduling; directing phone calls and emails
Some of the skills and attributes critical for success in this position include the following:
- Must be able to uphold a high standard of professionalism in all client interactions, sometimes under pressure
- Must be able to deal with stress while maintaining a high quality of work
- Excellent attention to detail; high level of accuracy and timeliness
- Must be able to troubleshoot and know when to act or not to act in the best interests of the firm and clients
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
- Ability to perform duties in compliance with policy, procedure and process
- Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality
- Ability to multi-task and organize priorities
- Ability to perform basic tasks such as filing, faxing or directing phone calls
- Must be willing to obtain appropriate credentials in order to handle client materials
- High school diploma or equivalent; however, a BS in Finance, Banking or relevant field is preferred. Coursework in finance, accounting, or economics is helpful, although not required.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in banking or financial services is preferred
Pay: $15.00 - $18.00 per hour, DOQ
Security Savings Bank is a family-friendly organization offering a competitive benefit package to full-time employees that include: medical, dental and vision insurance, Life & Disability insurance, short term and long term insurance, paid time off, Section 125 flexible spending account, 401k retirement plan and gym membership.
If you are a qualified candidate for this open position, please click here to view our open positions at Security Savings Bank and find instructions on how to apply.
Submitting an employment application does not guarantee an interview. Applicants are evaluated based on work history, job skills, credit report, background check and other job-related factors. All compensation and benefit programs are administered in compliance with state and federal law.
Security Savings Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, sexual preference or orientation), national origin, age, disability, and marital or veteran status.